The WRAP Method
The Spalding Method is a total language arts approach because it provides explicit, sequential, multisensory instruction in spelling (including phonics and handwriting), writing and listening/reading and comprehension.
Spalding instruction develops critical thinking skills applicable across the curriculum. It enables teachers to plan lessons based on continuous asessment of indivudual needs.
- Phoneme awareness
- Phonics with handwriting
- Dictation of high frequency words
- Rule acquisition and application
- Simple, compound, complex sentences
- Narrative and informative
- Informative-narrative paragraphs/passages
- Literary appreciation
- Passage structure
- Mental actions